Sign up for an Award
Participate with your entry in one of our professional or student awards.Sign up for an award
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
There are many products and architecture that work with inflatable structures. One always has to deal with the problem of either a created durable vacuum enclosed in a suitable material or, closed bodies from which the air is evacuated, and a new vacuum is created. In this work deflatable structures and vacuum will be introduced.
- Examples of existing vacuum products
- Experiments and observation
- Structure development
- Deflatable structure/vacuum analysis
- Using the 3 principles of vacuum for design and architecture
- Portfolio of 12 conceptual products
- Materials and technologies.
More information and movies about the principles of deflatable structures: www.alexschaefer.eu